intResume = International Résumés (and CVs, and LinkedIn)
Globally focused, borderless: this service is unique in the world, and so are you. About 99.9% of résumé writing and career preparation services are based in English-speaking countries and geared to their local market. You need someone who knows from experience how international employment works. I’ve lived and worked around the world with high-level professionals. My global knowledge is experience-based and formally certifed.
I make customized résumés, CVs, and online job profiles for anyone, but primarily for non-native speakers of English. My job is to market you in the global market. This is very different from an American applying for a job in New York or an Australian applying for a job in Sydney.
You want a new job or want to get into a great school. If you want to work for a foreign company or apply to a foreign school, you have an extra challenge: “translate” your home-country experience for people in other countries. If they don’t understand who you are and what you can do, you won’t get that job or get into that school. Together we’ll not only make you understood, we’ll make you shine!
I’m the first native English speaking CPRW in Japan, and one of only a few in North Asia. None have my academic and work background. I’ve worked with numerous professionals and students to customize résumés and CVs, as well as online profiles and academic applications, that fulfill the very specific and unique challenges of international applicants.
“I am happy to let you use my before and after CV/résumé as an example because it was a remarkable experience to work with you. You were one of the most expensive Certified Professional Resume Writers from which I got initial feedback, but I felt you were the right person. You were definitely different! You had deep expertise of my request, were honest with my approach and decisions, mentored me, and I learned a great deal as well! I wish to have such a mentor.”
I was reasonably confident in my resume since it had already helped me obtain a fantastic position at a prestigious company. However, I knew it still had room for improvement. I sought out a resume consultant who would go further than just polish my writing. I needed strategic advice from someone who could understand my career objectives. Adam took the time to discuss my ambitions, genuinely understand my professional experience, and then worked with me to shape my CV into something stellar. He then stuck with me through several rounds of revisions until we were both convinced we had a world-class resume. It was definitely worth the time and money!
Searching for a job in another company and country needs a strategy and it requires good allocation of resources. I knew my resume/CV was not great. But I didn’t have time and ability to take on this task myself. I decided to get expert help. My close friend recommended Adam, saying his service is worth far more than the cost.I fully agree and my resume impressed a few people (enough for me to get a job in short period). I recommend him to all my good friends.
There are four basic packages, with a number of additional services. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me before ordering.
- International Company Applicant Résumé or CV
- Select this option if you have 0–2 years of work experience and are applying to a foreign company, or your company requires an English résumé or CV.
- • A complete package including consultation and review of all your materials and creation and revision of a powerful entry-level résumé or CV in doc and pdf format
- International Company Applicant Résumé or CV
- Select this option if you have 2 or more years of work experience and are applying to a foreign company, or your company requires an English résumé or CV.
- • A complete package including consultation and review of all your materials and creation and revision of a highly effective mid-level résumé or CV in doc and pdf format
- Executive, Medical, or High Academic Applicant Résumé or CV
- Select this option if you are in upper management (e.g., vice president, CEO, director, regional manager) with extensive, specialized work experience and are applying for a position, fellowship, post-doc, etc. that requires an English résumé or CV.
- • A complete package including consultation and review of all your materials followed by creation and revision of a comprehensive and attention-getting executive-level résumé or CV or academic CV in doc and pdf format
- Student Applicant Résumé or CV
- Select this option if you are applying to an overseas school and require an English résumé or CV.
- • A complete package including consultation and review of all your materials followed by creation and revision of a compelling student résumé or CV or academic CV in doc and pdf format
Add a CUSTOM Service
- Cover Letter
- Don't overlook the cover letter; this is where we truly customize your message. I'll craft you cover letter that concisely and convincingly matches your skills with the job to which you're applying.
- LinkedIn Profile
- If you use LinkedIn, good. If you don't keep it updated and it's little more than an online version of your résumé or CV, you're missing chances to promote yourself 24/7. I'll either build or enhance your LinkedIn profile to maximize this amazing and essential tool.
- Interview Preparation
- We'll use Skype or Hangouts to give you an interview experience. Send me the details of your job and I'll interview and critique you, giving customized tips.
- Language Assessment and Counseling Lesson
- Ask me anything about the job interview process, a specific position, how you look, how you present yourself. We'll use Skype or Hangouts.